Acme Iron Hearts Corp – Overhaul
warning: This mod is performance intensive. There are in-game decisions (fired on game-start) to disable nation bonuses. This will make it easier for weaker PCs! These options are not toggleable (for now) and will disable nation-boosting permanently for the entirety of that game/campaign!
Welcome to Acme Iron Heart Corporation. A place of fun, adventure, murder and possibly even world domination.
This mod is pretty straight forwards, it aims to bring balance and immersion as an overhaul without changring the base ‘feeling’ the game has. In that regards, it includes numerous changes and other mods as to bring hopefully the best possible gameplay.
We are trying to bring regular updates and new content as regularly as possible. But, our time is only so limited. So, if you have any suggestions or wants, then do please suggest them – we can only think of so much!
Designed for 1936 start, this particular mod aims to challange every player whilst keeping fun and immersive. This is achieved by trying to improve the AI. Whilst this is an up-hill battle due to the incredibly broken starting AI, we think we have achieved a good compromise between improving the AI and helping the AI. We also aim to add ever more "ease of life" content, modifications and updates as to allow for an easier, more straightforward gameplay that hopefully has very little annoying and boring tasks.
For a complete list of changes, please view the Patch Notes in the Discussion forum.
NOTE: This mod is intended for use with all the DLCs enabled and with the most update-to-date (not including betas) version of the game. Not using all DLCs or running the mod on previous version of Hearts of Iron IV may result in unintended consequences. Also, since this is an overhaul, this mod is obviously not Ironman mode compatible and will not be compatible with a lot of other mods.
- Completely overhauled National Focus Tree for France & the Soviet Union/USSR
- New Resource Prospecting! – Resources added across the map and more will come when new DLC get released.
- Improved AI: Aimed at using the full extent of Hearts of Iron IV’s gameplay – more support companies, more equipment.
- Randomized Campaign! The AI will no longer select the same decisions. They will sometimes act differently (for better or worse), select different national focuses or tactics, and be different in general. This allows for a truly interesting game where you never quite know what you are going to get.
- New Technologies: Currently it brings 5 new techs available for all countries, currently focusing on improving supply. However, more will be added!
- More Immersive Tech names. The Old "improved this" to "advanced that" have all been, or soon will be, replaced by more immersive names.
- New icons for numerous techs, equipments thanks to 电灯弗里曼
- More government Manufacturers. No longer is the time where you had to select only one Manufacturer. You can now select up to 3 for each type.
- Support Company limits have been increased to 10 and their organisation penalty has been reduced, allowing for full historic layouts.
- Reduced the non-sensical values that require army experience to reform/modify division template. They now cost almost nothing!
- More variants! This effects artillery, motorised, infantry equipment, mechanised.
- Localised Country Names! (Special characters removed for stability)
- "ease of life" Upgrades: Jet planes now a standard upgrade to their original non-jet-powered counter-part.
- New UI (user interface) look & graphics!
- More manufacturers! As to reflect the more slots, more manufacturers will be included. Currently, only France has new manufacturers.
- Fixed a LOT of bugs (Who knows how many, but I am certainly not going to list/count them all…. would be here till next year….)!
- Vastly improved the perfomance of this mod by a combination of bug-fixing, streamlining, etc…)
- Temporarily Removed all modifications to the GUI/UI. This includes variants for equipment, division views, etc… This is because of constant changes with the GUI/UI by Paradox. Will be reinstated once Paradox stops screwing around with the UI and GUI (should be around patch 1.6.3/1.6.4). Sadly, the division modification screen looks odd with overlapping support companies and units. This is temporary but for now.
- Removed a few broken modifications/features that no longer worked or are no longer relevant (such as treaty of Lausanne/Sevres –> caused too many issues).
- Updated traits of naval manufacturers to reflect MtG update/system. Now, they will provide static bonuses to the HULLS of various ships.
- Added Soviet Military Doctrine National Focus for Soviet Union. This provits a bonus in production for Land equipment but reduces their reliability. This is to reflect how the soviets mass-manufactured a lot of their equipment and made them cheap, simple and easier to produce (a philosophy in which a soldier is not expected to care too much for their weapon/equipment. Wherein it is just cheaper to simply replace it. Also allowed for lots of equipment to be produced cheaply.)
Previous Update (not include quickfixes):
- Updated to 1.6
- Added 2 new exploitable resource decisions for Africa
- Removed USA Modded National Focus Tree (due to rework by Paradox)
- Added new DMZ (DeMilitarized zones) in Aland Island, Aegean Islands, Cyprus, Istanbul, Ifni and Spanish morocco
- Added the Treaty of Sevres Decision
- added fuel consumption for artillery (logical since they required motors to move)
- Slightly modified Industrial and manufacturer bonuses.
- Changes localisation for computing to something more immersive
- Fixed condition factor in press laws
- Fixed UTF encoding for localisation files
- Fixed UTF encoding for MOD descriptor
- Fixes missing naval modules
- Fixed numerous research speed errors (occured to the patch)
- Fixed some localisation issues
- Fixed equipment upgrades
- Fixed UI issue (occured due to patch 1.6)
- fixed new multiple interface issues (occured due to patch 1.6)
- fixed new missing icon issues (occured due to patch 1.6)
- Fixed Technology issues occuring from patch 1.6
Special thanks and contributions to their original creators.
- Expanded National Laws by Greatexperiment
- Hearts of Iron: New World Order by Pearl & Protroid
- Lamp’s Eqpt Icons by 电灯弗里曼
- Unique Support Eqpt Icons by 电灯弗里曼
- 10 Support Companies (modified) by Ape Spirit