The Road to 56
Last revision: 7 Jan at 22:38 UTC
Road to 56 is a frankenstein of mods that has been riveted together for your convenience and pleasure. Here are the lovely details:
- Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo, Croatia, Czechoslovakia, Danzig, Denmark, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Free France, Germany, Greece, Hondura, Indonesia, Italy, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Ruthenia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Siam, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tibet, Turkey, United Kingdom, and the USA have all been overhauled with new events and shenanigans. *gasp*
Expanded Tech Tree
- Now your scientists will earn their pay and keep working until the end of the war.
- The game runs to 1956. I mean, you were expecting that. Right?
Enhanced Non-Historical Outcomes
- Road to 56 is all about alternate history and giving you lots of options to make a new world. If you want to run a purely historical game, this is not the mod for you.
- New units, troop experience system, expanded difficulty modifiers, new releasable nations, more lovely laws, and a whole bunch of other things that will make you more popular at parties.
This is what’s next:
Yes, I’m single. We just met though. Isn’t it a bit fast?
Serious note: Use other mods with ’56 at your own risk. Support is not provided for issues related to conflicts.
Use the Bug Reports thread to post about your issues. There are many solutions to be found there. The main thread here is not for reporting bugs!
Also, you should try some of the following if you’re having issues:
- Check the other mods you’re using. There’s a very high chance this is the cause.
- Purge your cache
- Restart your computer
- Start a new save file
Feel free to contact us!
- Greatexperiment: The Original Dude. 110% likely to be the guy.
- Thinking_Waffle: The most historical of all.
- JudgeAlfred: Don’t ask him about the Alps Defense Pact. Just, really.
- Indyclone77: Sooty Fan #3
- SpicyAlfredo: Knows far too much about Canadian hockey, apparently.
- Plutozz: Master of Updates
- Admiral Lyylikki: Lead Artist! Also pretty handy with breakfast.
- Abbus: So awesome that nothing else needs to be said.
There’s also a Discord, if that’s your sort of thing:
I’ve set up a repository on GitHub and anyone can now contribute. Small submissions and bug fixes are especially welcome. Please be sure to very carefully follow the readme, and contact me (Greatexperiment!) on Discord if you have questions or comments.
The team invests incredible amounts of time into the mod, and we’d love to do it even more. If you want to helps us do that, check out our page: