Youjo Senki | Redux
Youjo Senki | Redux is a mod that is based on the anime Youjo Senki (幼女戦記), also known as Saga of Tanya the Evil. This mod features new focus trees, technologies, units, as well as hundreds of events and decisions.
Join our Discord community! We’d love to hear your suggestions and bug reports.
– Added Legadonian focus tree.
– AI now researches, trains, and uses mage units.
– Youjo Senki Movie OST added as a new music station.
The full change log can be found here
A. 外人が作ったやつだから ¯_(ツ)_/¯ なお、日本語化にご協力いただける方は大歓迎です。 We would like to support Japanese but we don’t have the manpower for it.
Q. Is the mod based on the anime, the manga, or the light novel?
A. Most of the art is based on the anime, but we try to incorporate materials from the LN that didn’t make it to the anime.
Q. Youjo Senki starts in June 1923, so why does the mod starts in 1920?
A. We aim replicate the 3.5 years buildup time between the vanilla start date of 1936 and the historical outbreak of WW2 in 1939.
Q. How do you get Tanya as a general?
A. Once you complete the Form the General Staff focus, you can promote Tanya though decision.
Q. Norden is a demilitarized zone, but there’s no focus or decision to re-militarize it.
A. Norden will stop being a demilitarized zone as soon as Legadonia denounces the Treaty of Londinium. Alternatively, the DMZ will be canceled if a war breaks out.
Q. The AI seems to pick the same focus every time.
A. We use custom game rules to control AI behavior to replicate canon situations. For more varied gameplay, choose alternate paths under game rules.
Q. Which countries are "playable"?
A. Every belligerent country in the anime: the Empire, Dacia, the Republic, and Legadonia, have fleshed-out content. We plan to work on Russy and Albion next.
Q. What happened to South America?
A. It is removed because South America doesn’t interact with the rest of the Youjo Senki universe.
Q. Are DLCs necessary for this mod?
A. The mod makes use of Together for Victory, but it’s not *absolutely* necessary.
Together for Victory: HIGHLY recommended
– Different subject types will be unavailable, meaning that dominions will be independent and new monarchist subject types will be unavailable
– Tech sharing will not work
Death or Dishonor: Not necessary
– The mod doesn’t require any DoD-exclusive features
Waking the Tiger: Not necessary
– The mod doesn’t require any WtT-exclusive features
Man the Guns: Optional
– The mod maintains full support of both the legacy and MtG naval systems.
– Improved Marine Mage tech will only provide terrain bonus to mages without unlocking a ship component.
La Résistance: Not necessary
– The mod doesn’t require any LaR-exclusive features
The team behind the mod: Omry, Miralisque, Mei, Life, Lord_Solus, Anonemus, Marethyu, Major, Dr.Cash, Admiral Edward, Alexandre Sever, and Doby.
Thank you Micteca for all the help and code you provided us! In addition, thank you Youjo Senki Wikia for all of the anime/manga information! 😉