Historical Project Mod
For Hearts of Iron IV
Inspired by the Victoria II mod of the same name, the Historical Project Mod (HPM) for HOI4 seeks to enhance the vanilla HOI4 experience by adding and tweaking historical events, decisions, and focuses without disrupting the core experience as designed by Paradox.
At the moment, HPM for HOI4 is still in an early stage.I plan on adding a lot of things but expect this version to be pretty close to vanilla but with some tweaks and a few new events. If you find any bugs while using the mod, please report them to me. Also, going down alternate history paths or using the 1939 start date may break certain features as those things haven’t been tested.
- Added a few custom game rule options
- Tweaked Soviet and German factory counts
- Synthetic fuel refineries are 2x more powerful to compensate for Germany being cut off from Middle Eastern oil
- Partial Soviet focus tree rework
- Added the option for Germany to publicly destroy the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact after Jan. 1st 1941 but the world will take notice.
- The Italian Civil War
- The 1941 Iraqi coup d’etat
- Independent Egyptian state as a puppet of the United Kingdom
- Free City of Danzig under British, French, and Polish protection
- Event for Danzig to be annexed by Fascist Germany when Germany declares war on Poland
- German-Polish Non-Aggression Pact in place at game start
- Soviet-Polish Non-Aggression Pact in place at game start
- Made the Rub Al Khali desert an impassible state
- Gave a Peruvian state to Ecuador (while keeping it a core of Peru) to better reflect the dispute over land between the two. Currently no more flavor regarding that issue.
- Added a basic decision for Finland to declare the Continuation War on the Soviet Union once Germany declares war on the Soviets
- Soviet Invasion of Poland in accordance with the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact
- Alt history path for the Allies and Soviets to ally at the expense of Poland
- Other minor diplomatic relations additions to better reflect the geopolitical situation in 1936
- British oil companies in Iran and Iraq somewhat reflected by oil rights given to the UK in certain states when MTG is enabled
- Integrated "Project Flags" by Abbus for more historically accurate national flags
- Integrated "Trade Embargo Mod" by ABoldOne for the ability to embargo your rivals
- Integrated Oman into the British Empire
- Added a couple air focuses for Germany to balance things out a little bit
- Minor tweaks to the Soviet focus tree
- Game rule to remove alternate history focuses
- Changed the default maximum divisions in an army led by a general from 24 to 30
Had to remove the Trade Embargo Mod since it wasn’t really working well with my mod but it’s still a cool mod and I recommend checking it out.
- More flavor for Finland
- Flavor for Siam/Thailand
- Minor Egyptian flavor
- Hatay referendum
- Ecuador-Peru War
- Irish Free State
- Possible tweaks to defending China and Russia
- Special flavor for Yugoslav Partisans
- Operation Valkyrie
- An accurate representation of Stalin’s paranoia regarding the situation on the border with Germany pre-Barbarossa
- Free Territory of Trieste
- Operation Countenance
- Abbus @ Project FLAGS
- Ty (Project Owner)
- Red Baron Pizza Nationalist (GFX work)
- Roky (Coding)
Click here to join the mod’s official discord server
If you’d like to use anything from my mod in your own project, feel free to do so, just give credit to whatever I did.