Old World Blues
Last revision: 8 Feb at 15:16 UTC
War, war never changes.
Old World Blues is a total overhaul for Hearts of Iron IV: starting in the year 2275 and set in the Fallout universe. Experience the postapocalypse like never before with a dynamic war system that ensures that the AI nations act on their own, respond to aggression, and strike when their opponents are weak. Seventeen national focus trees—three of which are generic—keep the game exciting as numerous powers contest in a battle to control the West Coast.
“Historical Focuses” are placed at the start of every focus tree to allow you to explore alt-history with majors and minors, and to let you choose the direction of generic nations. Old World Blues is the definitive Fallout experience for Hearts of Iron IV, a total overhaul that uses its expansive list of changes to make the game a truly new and unforgettable experience. Welcome to the wasteland, friend.
- An entirely custom map of North America
- 9741 provinces
- 799 states
- 126 nations
- 468,611 lines of code
- Mountain ranges realistically represented as impassable terrain
- Navigable rivers made of sea terrain spanning the entire map.
- 13 new unit types
- Custom unit voices for major nations
- Custom unit textures for all nations
- Unique 3D models for iconic Fallout robots
- Detailed and animated power armour models
- An entirely unique infantry model for the Great Khans
- 541 custom focus icons
- 305 new idea icons
- Events and descriptions themed to perfectly match the Fallout style
- 14 unique focus trees centred around important Fallout factions
- 3 generic focus trees representing different groups in Fallout: raiders, tribals, and settlers
- 4 new ideologies representing the nature of groups found in Fallout: Elites, Intellectuals, Ruler, and People.
- Custom artwork for all leaders and generals
- A one-of-a-kind research tree that converts the diversity of Fallout’s technology into HOI4 seamlessly
- Every music track from Fallout bundled with a custom music player.
- An extensive and incredibly talented submodding community
- A unique scavenging system that immerses the player in the Fallout world
- Savage raiding mechanics for the mightiest raiders on the west coast, the Broken Coast
Nations with focus trees: New California Republic, Caesar’s Legion, Western Brotherhood, Washington Brotherhood, Mojave Chapter, Broken Coast, New Vegas, New Reno, Vault City, Desert Rangers, Troll Warren, New Canaan, Heaven’s Gate, and the Great Khans, alongside 3 generic trees.
- A fully realised Fallout strategy experience
- The entire continent of North America covered by factions
- Every in-lore faction included in some form
- 3D models for every unit, vehicle, robot, ship, and plane
- Unique 3D map models depicting icon Fallout locations
- Numerous news events, country events, etc to make the wasteland less dull
- Unique decisions for major nations, generic decisions for each of our three primary groups
- Overhauls of every aspect of the game, making every part of OWB unique
- In-depth government systems to create engaging and lore-friendly problems for players
Following the warm reception to our previous release, update 1.2 promises to deliver despite the high expectations. OWB has continued its astronomically high growth rate, recruiting new and talented members constantly to help us realise our ambitions. 90 days into the development of 2.0, we’re giving you a fine selection of its contents, laid out to tide you over while we continue our tireless efforts. 1917 files were added with this update, bringing with them 44475 new lines of code. As always, our passion for quality and determination to give you the best we possibly can remains unwavering. We thank you all for your continued support, and hope you enjoy playing 1.2 as much as we enjoyed making it.
- All other mods off EXCEPT OWB and its companion music mod/any submods
- UI scale of 1.0 (default).
- Resolution of 1920×1080
- NATO counters: off
If your game is crashing with the “Jenkins error” all you need to do is reinstall the mod. Any other issues need to be brought to us in our discord.
Please be aware that all submods now require the use of the new dependency function added by 1.5.2 to function. If you don’t include this in your .mod file it will not work.
Please report any bugs you discover to our “bug reports” channel in our public discord server! (Link can be found above)
The OWB team: Zapdude, Mechano, Loonybinjin, AntoniusMagnus, CelsiuZ, ICodeMaster, Chacolah, David Cameron, Magdaleno, Mason Holden, Indyclone77, Dusty Windwards, Jozef, Garnithor, lascupa0788, HappyNTH, MrBlazzar, HK33, evil_c0okie, dskod1, Zusk, David M, LimonenZitrone, wtchappell, Skip, shawniepie, Ritter Runkel, The Captain
- Straidy: Leader portraits and event pictures
- TakeOFFFly: event pictures
- fenandOfc: leader portraits
- Skizoh: leader portraits
- Josh Jertberg and Andrée Wallin: leader portraits
- Iyad Sabouni: menu art for 1.0
- SgtDelta: Event pictures
- 5ofnovember: Event pictures
- Marko-Djurdjevic: Leader portraits
- Beardedwonder95 : Screenshots for event pictures