Old World Blues
Last revision: 8 Oct at 00:08 UTC
War, war never changes.
- All other mods off EXCEPT OWB and its companion music mod/any submods
- UI scale of 1.0 (default).
- Resolution of 1920×1080
- NATO counters: off
If your game is crashing with the “Jenkins error” all you need to do is reinstall the mod. Any other issues need to be brought to us in our discord.
Please be aware that all submods now require the use of the new dependency function added by 1.5.2 to function. If you don’t include this in your .mod file it will not work.
Old World Blues is a total overhaul for Hearts of Iron IV: starting in the year 2275 and set in the Fallout universe. Experience the postapocalypse like never before with a dynamic war system that ensures that the AI nations act on their own, respond to aggression, and strike when their opponents are weak. Twelve national focus trees—three of which are generic—keep the game exciting as numerous powers contest in a battle to control the west coast. “Historical Focuses” are placed at the start of every focus tree to allow you to explore alt history with majors and minors, and to let you choose the direction of generic nations. Old World Blues is the definitive Fallout experience, a total overhaul that uses its expansive list of changes to make HOI4 a truly new and unforgettable experience. Welcome to the wasteland.
- An all new custom map of North and Central America
- 9639 provinces
- 791 states
- 125 nations
- 444,862 lines of code
- Realistic mountain ranges represented as impassable terrain
- Rivers across the USA made of sea tiles, allowing you to sail down them and naval invade with them!
- 13 new unit types
- Custom voice files for factions
- Custom unit textures for numerous nations
- 3D models for numerous Fallout robots
- 3D power armour unit
- 450 custom focus icons
- 252 new idea icons
- Hundreds of events fitting the Fallout theme
- 13 unique focus trees centred around important Fallout factions
- 3 generic focus trees representing different groups in Fallout: raiders, tribals, and settlers
- 4 new ideologies representing the nature of groups found in Fallout: Elites, Intellectuals, Ruler, and People.
- Custom artwork for all leaders and generals
- An all new technology system that allows a player to take advantage of the ups and downs of Fallout technology.
- Resource buildings that allow players to create small amounts of basic resources they need.
- Every music track from Fallout bundled with a custom music player.
- An extensive and incredibly talented submodding community
- A unique scavenging system that immerses the player in the Fallout world
- Savage raiding mechanics for the mightiest raiders on the west coast, the Broken Coast
Nations with focus trees: New California Republic, Caesar’s Legion, Western Brotherhood, Washington Brotherhood, Mojave Chapter, Broken Coast, New Vegas, New Reno, Vault City, Desert Rangers, Troll Warren, New Canaan, Heaven’s Gate + 3 generics
After a stunning entry onto the modding scene in February, our team has expanded dramatically. With the help of our new team members we’ve been able to create a truly fantastic update for our community, well worth the 100 days wait it took to make and polish. Over 2500 files were changed with this update. As ever, OWB is a unique and challenging experience unlike any other HOI4 mod, and Update 1.1 highlights this even more so. We thank you all for your continued support, and hope you enjoy playing 1.1 as much as we enjoyed making it.
Please report any bugs you discover to our “bug reports” channel in our public discord server! (Link can be found above)
Regards, the OWB team: Zapdude, Mechano, Loonybinjin, AntoniusMagnus, CelsiuZ, ICodeMaster, Chacolah, David Cameron, Magdaleno, Mason Holden, ViggoAvatar, Indyclone77, Dusty Windwards, Jozef, horeS, Garnithor, lascupa0788, HappyNTH, MrBlazzar, ZeroScale, Axelius, HK33, evil_c0okie, dskod1, Zusk, David M
- Straidy: Leader portraits and event pictures
- TakeOFFFly: event pictures
- fenandOfc: leader portraits
- Skizoh: leader portraits
- Josh Jertberg and Andrée Wallin: leader portraits
- Iyad Sabouni: menu art for 1.0
- SgtDelta: Event pictures
- 5ofnovember: Event pictures
- Marko-Djurdjevic: Leader portraits
- Beardedwonder95 : Screenshots for event pictures