Old World Blues
War, war never changes.
Old World Blues is a total overhaul for Hearts of Iron IV: starting in the year 2275 and set in the Fallout universe. Experience the postapocalypse like never before with a dynamic war system that ensures that the AI nations act on their own, respond to aggression, and strike when their opponents are weak. Forty seven national focus treesten of which are generic—keep the game exciting as numerous powers contest in a battle to control the Wasteland. With the use of “Historic Focuses”, you get to decide the path famous Fallout factions took, directing generic nations, and changing history as you see fit.
Old World Blues is the definitive Fallout experience for Hearts of Iron IV, a total overhaul that uses its expansive list of changes to make the game a truly new and unforgettable experience. With over three years of development time and glowing reviews across the board, we assure you; you’re in good hands here. Welcome to the wasteland, friend.
- An entirely custom map of North America
- Mountain ranges realistically represented as impassable terrain
- Navigable rivers made of sea terrain spanning the entire map.
- 13 new unit types
- Custom unit voices for major nations
- Custom unit models for each nation type: mexican, tribal, settler, raider, ghoul, and super mutant!
- Unique 3D models for iconic Fallout robots
- Detailed and animated power armour models
- Unique 3D models for motorised and mechanised infantry
- Unique infantry models for the Aztlan, Itza, NCR, Legion, and Vault City
- 989 custom focus icons
- 718 new idea icons
- Events and descriptions themed to perfectly match the Fallout style
- 37 unique focus trees centred around important Fallout factions
- 4 generic focus trees representing different groups in Fallout: raiders, tribals, utah tribals, and settlers
- 6 themed puppet focus trees representing the outcome of large nations installing hegemonies across the wasteland
- 4 new ideologies representing the nature of groups found in Fallout: Elites, Intellectuals, Ruler, and People.
- Custom artwork for all leaders and generals
- Unique Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats and perks replacing Leader Traits, making each military leader a real wastelander.
- A one-of-a-kind research tree that converts the diversity of Fallout’s technology into HOI4 seamlessly
- A unique series of government laws and systems that enable developers and players to express the unique quirks of
- Fallout’s many distinct societies
- Every music track from Fallout bundled with a custom music-player
- An extensive and incredibly talented submodding community
- A unique scavenging system that immerses the player in the Fallout world
- A unique caps economy system, with ties to scavenging, gun markets, slavery, and drugs
- Savage raiding mechanics for the mightiest raiders on the west coast, the Broken Coast
- An ancient intelligence who slumbers within the heart of Mexico
- Old ideas and new enemies in Texas and Oklahoma
- A fully realised Fallout strategy experience
- The entire continent of North America covered by factions
- Every in-lore faction included in some form
- 3D models for every unit, vehicle, robot, ship, and plane
- Unique 3D map models depicting icon Fallout locations
- Numerous news events, country events, etc to make the wasteland less dull
- Unique decisions for major nations, generic decisions for each of our three primary groups
- Overhauls of every aspect of the game, making every part of OWB unique
OWB has returned to the plate with another home run. Spurred on by our fantastic, ever growing community of passionate fans, submodders, and developers we’ve come to the end of our extensive journey across Utah and Oregon. Since development of 3.0 began, we’ve changed over 2,600 files and edited 220,800+ lines of code, alongside adding over 150 focus icons. As always, our passion and determination to give you the best Fallout strategy experience possible remains strong. Thank you all for your continued support, we couldn’t do this without you! Everyone here at OWB hopes you enjoy playing 3.0 as much as we enjoyed making it for you.
- All other mods off EXCEPT OWB and its companion music mod/any submods
- UI scale of 1.0 (default).
- Resolution of 1920×1080
- NATO counters: off
Please be aware that all submods now require the use of the new dependency function added by 1.5.2 to function. If you don’t include this in your .mod file it will not work.
The OWB team:
Abyssinian, Alexander, Anbory, AntoniusMagnus, Calph, CelsiuZ, chacolah, Chism, Dan, David M, evil_c0okie, Faeelin, Foulsbane, Garnithor, HappyNTH, Herckeim, HK33, ICodeMaster, Indyclone77, JSolars, KD, krahe, LightningEagle, LimonenZitrone, Loonybinjin, Lord Militus, Master Veo, Mechano, Momotall, MrBlazzar, NuclearForest, PineapplePansy, Ritter Runkel, Roure, shawniepie, shoggi, Shudderfly, Skip, Soviet_Cyber, Spart117MC, Striam, T the Light Tank, Teddy, The Colonel, theddd1, thread, truill, Useless Lesbian, Wicked_Rhyme, wtchappell, Yard1, Zapdude, and Zusk.
Credits can be found in-game in the Pip-Boy PLUS GUI. Thank you to all our contributors who generously gave us permission to use their fantastic work: you’ve helped make OWB what it is today.
Comments on the Steam page are purposefully disabled. For bug reports, suggestions and discussion, please join our Discord.
Old revisions of this mod are available below. Click the link to download.